Skip to content
LIMITS OF DISTURBANCE
- Can be included in other drawing
- Limits of disturbance should be clearly indicated on drawings. Contractor to provide orange construction fencing along the entire length of trail at the limit line.
LAYDOWN AREA LOCATION AND ACCESS PLANS
- Designer to provide preliminary plan for construction laydown area locations and access routes, including:
- Turn around areas for trucks and equipment are to be provided at each end of the trail (or before areas to be bridged).
- Passing lanes are to be provided at 1/4 mile intervals and can also serve as laydown areas, as needed.
- Contractor to provide final plan for laydown area locations and access routes with agreements and/ or permits for work in road, railroad right-of-way, or other as needed.
- Include restoration plan- repair of areas disturbed to include loosening of compacted soils and subgrade soils.
- Construction laydown areas should be shown on overall site plan.
STORMWATER POLLUTION PREVENTION PLAN (SWPPP)
- A SWPPP or erosion control plan appropriate to the project size and location shall be provided. Temporary and permanent sediment controls should be considered early in the design process, so that temporary controls can become part of permanent stormwater controls.
- Plan should be executed early in design process requirements should be envisioned as part of finished implementation. For example, run off gravel roads can become part of final trail installation. Sedimentation basins can become final BMP locations.
- Seed immediately after an area is complete, potentially seeding with annual cover crop before natives establishment. (Designers to include a restoration/ seeding plan as needed)
- See Erosion Control and Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan
TREE PROTECTION PLAN
- A clear tree protection plan should be included in construction documents and coordinated with the selected contractor. All trees falling within the limits of work should be protected during construction.
- Indicates areas of soil preparations based on existing soils testing conditions and proposed landscape improvements.
- Preservation and stockpile of topsoil to be used for finished grading.
TRAFFIC CONTROL PLAN
- Indicating routing for all modes of transportation during construction, not just vehicular access.
- Should be done as part of construction staging plan.
SUBMITTAL LOG/ CHECKLIST
- Designer/ engineer to prepare submittal log for all items requiring submittals by contractor.