Bicycle parking is to be provided at trailheads and points of interest.
Bicycle parking should also be incorporated in areas adjacent to civic centers, shopping areas, parks and other locations where demand requires. The typical layout below is based on the standard rack typically used by the District. Should an alternative be approved, the layout should be adjusted based on that manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Spacing between standard bicycle racks should be 3’-0”.
- Allow 3’-0” between back of rack and edge of pavement for rear wheel of bicycles.
- Where bike parking is immediately adjacent to primary trail, provide 3’-0” additional pavement to back of trail to maintain clear shoulder.
COMPONENTS: Click below for more information on each component.
1) Primary Trail Surfacing – Concrete
2) Primary Trail Surfacing – Asphalt (Concrete Header Optional)