Within our mission to build greenways, we implement conservation projects along the way.
With partners, we plan and build greenways to:
- Create or restore natural habitats where plants and animals thrive
- Allow prairies, wetlands, and forests to absorb, filter, and release water when flooding occurs
- Create connections for people to walk, run, bike, and roll to stay healthy and make transportation choices that reduce car pollution
- Allow people to access, connect with, learn about, fall in love with, and become stewards of nature through education and volunteering
- Assess and improve habitats by replacing invasive plants and debris with native plants and natural stormwater management features
We do our part to improve quality of life for all by creating and restoring healthy habitats and engaging people to take care of our region’s watersheds in three ways: