Minor trails are designed to serve primarily as vehicular parking and trail access points.
With smaller footprints, these spaces offer limited amenities. As with major trailheads, shaded seating areas are critical amenities.
- Use this strategy at trail access points where a moderate number of users are expected.
- Standard and accessible parking stalls to accommodate less than 20 vehicles. Stall dimensions to be minimum 9’-0” wide x 18’-0” deep.
- Consider permeable pavement in vehicular parking and/or pedestrian areas.
- Incorporate kiosk signage at trailhead and parking area entry points. Other trail signage should be incorporated as required. See Signage Standards.
- Include benches and trash receptacles in trailhead pedestrian areas.
- As opportunities allow, can explore options such as lighting, solar charging stations, etc.
COMPONENTS: Click below for more information on each component.