Until Life Outside 2018!
The Life Outside festival brings together area businesses, nonprofits and clubs to offer activities for people of all ages. Attendees can see, try and learn ways to spend more of their lives outside. Free activities include tree climbing, kayaking lessons, birdwatching, rock climbing, stand up paddle boarding, nature crafts and activities for kids, walks and bike rides throughout the day, gardening and yoga.
Life Outside 2017 was a blast! But don’t just take our word for it…check out the video and photos below to see all that we had to see, try and learn!
We have an amazing culture of the outdoors here in St. Louis, but it can be hard to know how to get started with any particular activity.
What equipment do you need? Where do you go? Do you need to join a club? When is a good time to get started? Do you really need all that stuff? How do you get all that stuff into your car? What if you invest your time and money into the activity, and then decide it’s not for you?
It can be intimidating, but Life Outside is a great way for people to learn directly from the experts without the hefty price tag or time commitment. So come out to Creve Coeur Lake Memorial Park on June 9, 2018 and find out how you can spend less of your life on the couch, and more of it outside!
The following organizations were in attendance at Life Outside 2017!
- 1 Mississippi
- Alpine Shop | Kayak classes, kayak and SUP demos
- Artegrity Murals | Chalk art
- Backpacker Magazine | Overnight backpacking skills clinic, Get Out More Tour display, gear demos, contests
- Big Muddy Adventures | Voyageur canoeing
- Big Shark Bicycle Company | Tuneups and guided mountain bike rides
- Bike Stop Cafe | Bike gear demos
- City of Sunset Hills Parks and Recreation | Children’s target game
- Climb So iLL | Pull-up bar challenge
- Forest Park Forever | Nature art activities and interactive games
- Go Ape
- Great Rivers Greenway | greenway resources, Life Outside Pledge prizes
- Greenway Network |Recycling crafts and litter pickup
- Guided Path Adventures | Mountain bike skills course
- Missouri Botanical Garden | Planting activities
- Missouri Department of Conservation
- Missouri Falun Dafa Association | Traditional Chinese meditation instruction and demos
- Missouri State Parks | Tent setup, pollinator display, mammal maze activity
- National Park Service | National parks and programs info, living history demos
- OASIS | Guided walks
- Ozark Trail Association
- Pine Valley Outfitters | Gear and hammock demos
- Popticals | Sunglasses demos
- REI Co-op | Outdoor classes
- Sierra Club, Eastern Missouri Group | Guided hikes
- St. Louis Astronomical Society | Eclipse and telescope viewing activities
- St. Louis Canoe and Kayak Club/Mississippi River Water Trail Association | Kayaking lessons
- St. Louis Children’s Hospital | Helmet safety check and first-aid kit activity
- St. Louis County Library | Giant games, storytime, crafts for children
- St. Louis County Parks | Parks and program information
- St. Louis Sea Scout Ship | Sailing
- SUP St. Louis | Stand-up paddle boarding instruction and demos
- Team River Runner | Kayaking, safety boating
- Terrain Magazine | St. Louis outdoor fitness, recreation, adventure and discovery resources
- The Audubon Center at Riverlands/St. Louis Audubon Society | Birdwatching walks
- The North Face | Sustainability program, car camping gear
- The Overland Shop | Outdoor gear demos
- Trailnet | Bike valet parking
- United States Army Corps of Engineers | Water safety education
- University of Missouri Extension | Gardening, nutrition and nature demonstrations
- Upper Limits | Rock climbing
- Vertical Voyages | Tree climbing
- Whitney R. Harris World Ecology Center | Ecology games
- Wildlife Rescue Center | Wildlife education
- Yoga Buzz | Yoga classes
- Connect Tent | City of Wildwood, Forest ReLeaf of MO, Gateway Serve, Open Space Council, Raintree School, Spoked Bikes/Spoked Adventures, Spread Adventure, St. Charles County Parks and Recreation, St. Louis Area Mountain Bikers, St. Louis Trail Running Club
- Extreme picnicking
- Lounges for relaxing
- Pool noodle soccer
- Scavenger hunts
- Toddler campground
Thanks to our sponsors!
Generous support for Life Outside 2017 provided by:
Contact: Elizabeth Simons, email@example.com, 314-932-4904 for any additional sponsorship assistance.
Help promote Life Outside!
Here is a variety of material to help get the word out to your friends, families, groups and clubs about Life Outside! Stay tuned, we will be adding more to this section as we get closer to the festival.
Life Outside vector logo (EPS)
Life Outside logo (PNG, transparent background)
2017 Life Outside Festival Flyer (PDF)
2017 Life Outside Festival Poster (PDF)
2017 Life Outside Preview Videos (ZIP)
2017 Life Outside Social Media Optimized Graphics (ZIP)
Photos from 2016 Life Outside Festival (ZIP)
Contact: Seth Treptow, firstname.lastname@example.org, 314-932-4910 for any additional media assistance.