In areas where the trail is to be placed on unstable soils or in areas of frequent flooding or wet conditions, this cross section should be utilized.
- Use this cross section when poorly drained or unstable soils are discovered through site analysis or geotechnical investigation and testing and in flood prone areas.
- This cross section is designed to prevent sediment and debris build-up on trail surfaces in low lying areas.
- Slightly elevated or raised trail surface.
- Swales along either side of the trail alignment to assist with drainage, culverts should be installed at regular intervals under trail, as required, to prevent water backup and allow for positive drainage.
- This section uses expanded depths of free draining, compactible base courses.
- Geosynthetics are used to add additional reinforcement to the trail base. Cellular geo-grids are preferred and should be used if warranted by evaluation.
- Strip existing topsoil for reuse in finished grading.
STANDARD CROSS SECTION
COMPONENTS: Click below for more information on each component.