Secondary paths provide access between the primary greenway trail, amenities, and surrounding neighborhoods.
They are typically designed as foot paths, though bicyclists will often use them. These paths should meet requirements for ADAAG.
- Preferred material is concrete sidewalk, however chat or natural surfacing are acceptable in certain applications where approved by GRG.
- Horizontal radii can be considerably tighter than on the primary trail.
- 2% max cross slope.
- 3’-0” turf buffer at path edge is desirable but not required.
- See minor connection detail for tie in with trail.
- Strip existing topsoil for reuse in finished grading.
STANDARD CROSS SECTION
COMPONENTS: Click below for more information on each component.