October 24-31, 2020
Come out and help clean up the rivers and creeks within the River des Peres Watershed!
Due to COVID-19, our annual clean-up event will be a little different this year, but we still need your help to take care of this valuable natural resource in our community. You and members of your immediate household can choose from multiple cleanup sites within the watershed. Instead of a one day cleanup, you can remove trash and debris at your chosen site any time between October 24-31. Please preregister to select your cleanup site and supplies needed.
Available Cleanup Sites (click the links below to register)
- Blake Snyder Park (Full)
- Brentwood Hanley Park (Full)
- Brentwood Oak Tree Park (Full)
- Creve Coeur Park Mallard Lake (Full)
- Forest Park (Full)
- George Appel Memorial Park (Full)
- Hanley Hills (Full)
- Minturn Park (Full)
- Paul C. Wehner Park (Full)
- South Germania (Full)
- St. Louis County Lemay Park (Full)
- Sunset Greenway
- University City Community Center Parking Lot (Full)
- University City Groby Bridge (Full)
- University City Heman Park (Full)
- University City Vernon Bridge (Full)
- Webster Groves Glen Park (Full)
- Webster Groves Lorraine Davis Park (Full)
- Webster Groves Marshall Trailhead (Full)
- Webster Groves Shady Grove Creek at Shady Grove Nature Sanctuary (Full)
- White Birch Disc Golf Course
- Whitecliff Park (Full)
Click here for maps of each cleanup site, details about about where to pick up supplies, instructions for how to mark and report oversized or potentially hazardous waste and safety reminders.
After you register, you will also receive an email with the same details. If you do not receive the email, please check your spam filter. Thanks!
New in 2020! Want to help with storm drain marking?
We also need volunteers to help with Storm Drain Marking. This is an effective way to remind our neighbors that most storm drains in St. Louis County drain directly to a local stream or river. Keeping trash, chemicals, and other pollution out of our storm drains is important for area stream health.
Volunteers will use maps to locate storm drains and mark them with provided circular markers and adhesive. Storm drain markers, adhesive, gloves and maps will be provided.
Saturday, October 31
9:30 a.m. Deer Creek Park (Registration closed)
1 p.m. Lorraine Davis Park (Registration closed)