St. Vincent Greenway at Ruth Porter Mall
We have teamed up with the St. Louis Public Library on a Storybook Walk at Ruth Porter Mall Park on the St. Vincent Greenway. The featured book changes every month. (Fun Fact: The posts were designed and built by Perennial, a local nonprofit, using 342 pounds of reclaimed material.) The books for 2022 are:
- February: My Rainy Day Rocket Ship by Markette Sheppard
- March: Ambitious Girl by Meena Harris
- April: A Way With Wild Things by Larissa Theule
- May: Mommy’s Khimar by Jamilah Thompkins-Bifelow
- June: I Am Perfectly Designed by Karamo Brown
- July: Like Sunshine on an Otherwise Miserable Day by Dr. Kelly M. Byrd
- August: The King of Kindergarten by Derrick Barnes
- September: One Little Lot: The 1-2-3’s of an Urban Garden by Diane C. Mullen
- October: Frankenslime by Joy Keller
- November: I Am the Wind by Michael Karg
Maline Greenway at Bella Fontaine County Park
We’ve partnered with Ready Readers on a Storybook Walk in Bella Fontaine County Park on the Maline Greenway. The featured book is Like Sunshine on an Otherwise Miserable Day by St. Louis author Dr. Kelly Byrd. The Storybook Walk is located on the greenway near the baseball fields.
St. Charles County Storybook Walks
The St. Charles City-County Library maintains five Storybook Walks in St. Charles County. Library staff hand-pick a different book each month. Two of the Storybook Walks are on greenways:
Boschert Greenway at Fox Hill Park in St. Charles
The August book is Best Day Ever! The Storybook Walk is separate from the main part of Fox Park; it’s near the parking area at the end of Huncker/Quince (Boschert Greenway Hunker Drive Parking), then just down a short paved path.
Dardenne Greenway at St. Charles Community College in Cottleville
The August Book is Except Antartica. The Storybook Walk is on the portion of the Dardenne Greenway that crosses St. Charles Community College in Cottleville. Find it by parking lot “Orange 4” via the north entrance to the campus off Mid Rivers Mall Drive.
Find all of the St. Charles City County Storybook Walks here.