The St. Charles City-County Library Storybook Walks are a creative and fun way for families to get some fresh air and exercise while encouraging a love for books and reading. Four books are hand-picked by library staff each month and displayed at four different parks across St. Charles County. Two of the Storybook Walk locations are on greenways! Pages are posted at several stations along each trail, so families and friends can enjoy a story as they walk together and enjoy the fresh air and scenery. Locations outlined below, click the links for more details!
- Boschert Greenway-Fox Hill Park in St. Charles* (December 2018 book- “The Snowy Day”)
Fox Hill Rd.
St Charles 63301
*Located separate from the main park- near the parking area at the end of Huncker/Quince (Boschert Greenway Hunker Drive Parking), then just down a short paved path.
- Dardenne Greenway-St. Charles Community College in Cottleville* (December 2018 book- “Chicka Chicka Boom Boom”)
4601 Mid Rivers Mall Dr.
*Located off of parking lot “Orange 4” in the north entrance off of Mid Rivers Mall Drive.
- Quail Ridge Park in Wentzville* (December 2018 book “Alexander and the Wind-Up Mouse”)
5501 Quail Ridge Pkwy.
*Located just behind Quail Ridge Lodge on the paved trail.
- Heartland Park in Wentzville* (December 2018 book- “Colette’s Lost Pet”)
100 William Dierberg Dr.
*Located behind the restroom building and continues counterclockwise along the trail.
- NEW LOCATION! Veteran’s Tribute Park in Weldon Spring (December 2018 book- “The Curious Cares of Bears”)
*Located past the playfields, beginning at the paved trail near shelter 3.