Great Rivers Greenway, your regional public agency, is seeking several Seasonal Field Staff. The seasonal staff perform greenway operations and maintenance work throughout St. Louis City, St. Louis County, and St. Charles County under the direction of the Greenway Operations Supervisor. These positions are supported in part by a partnership with Gateway Arch Park Foundation and a portion of the work will be completed in collaboration with partner organizations including City of St. Louis Parks and Streets staff, landscape contractors and volunteers. Duties include landscape care, facility maintenance, and conservation project work.
Seasonal Field Staff work full time (40 hours/week) from May through August 2019.
Starting salary is $12.00 per hour. There are no benefits provided.
Skills and Abilities: which may be representative, but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Knowledge and experience with power tools and equipment including chainsaws, mowers, small power tools, etc.
- Ability to build respect and work effectively with people from a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and roles.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, board members and government officials.
- Works with Greenway Operations Supervisors to perform greenway maintenance and operations activities.
- Activities may include, but are not limited to: Weeding, watering, trimming, mulching, and pruning established landscapes.
- Controlling invasive and undesirable vegetation.
- Installing shrubs and landscape trees.
- Removing litter and debris from greenway corridor.
- Assists in implementation of the district’s conservation management and greenway maintenance plans in the field with staff, partners and volunteers.
- Works as part of a team to achieve short term and long term maintenance goals.
- Responsible for assisting with the day-to-day condition awareness of district greenways with partners, staff, contractors and trail users.
- Responsible for care and maintenance of district equipment and tools.
- Acts as a Great Rivers Greenway ambassador while in the field where interaction with the public is likely.
- Provides information about greenways and the district to the public in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Consistently demonstrates a climate of courtesy, respect and professionalism to staff, partners, volunteers and the general public.
- Must be 18 years old.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent.
- Experience in park operations, natural resource management, or landscaping preferred.
- Experience operating and maintaining equipment such as mowers, chainsaws, backpack blowers, and other landscaping tools also preferred.
- Must be able to get to maintenance facility located near Lafayette Square in St. Louis City daily.
- Ability to work days, evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- US citizen or lawfully authorized to work in the US.
- Individuals who possess a valid driver’s license and clean driving record will be given preference, considerations will be made to those that do not possess a driver’s license.
OR download the application here and send by email or by mail to 6178 Delmar Blvd. St. Louis, MO 63112.
Great Rivers Greenway is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Great Rivers Greenway is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States.