Great Rivers Greenway is committed to creating and maintaining a workplace in which all employees have an opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the organization and are valued for their skills, experience and unique perspectives. As an organization, we expect all employees to support this dedication to diversity, equity and inclusion in our workplace.
Great Rivers Greenway, your regional parks and trails district, is seeking several Seasonal Field Staff. The seasonal staff perform greenway operations and maintenance work throughout St. Louis City, St. Louis County, and St. Charles County under the direction of the Greenway Operations Supervisor. Duties include landscape care, facility maintenance, and conservation project work. Click here to download complete job description
• Seasonal Field Staff work full time (40 hours/week) from mid-spring through mid-fall 2020.
• Salary is between $13.00 and $15.00 per hour dependent upon experience. There are no benefits provided.
• Works with Greenway Operations Supervisors to perform greenway maintenance and operations activities. Activities may include, but are not limited to:
o Weeding, watering, trimming, mulching, and pruning established landscapes
o Controlling invasive and undesirable vegetation
o Installing shrubs and landscape trees
o Removing litter and debris from greenway corridor
• Assists in implementation of the district’s conservation management and greenway maintenance plans in the field with staff, partners and volunteers.
• Works as part of a team to achieve short term and long term maintenance goals.
• Responsible for assisting with the day-to-day condition awareness of district greenways with partners, staff, contractors and trail users.
• Responsible for care and maintenance of district equipment and tools.
• Acts as a Great Rivers Greenway ambassador while in the field where interaction with the public is likely. Provides information about greenways and the district to the public in a friendly and courteous manner.
• Consistently demonstrates a climate of courtesy, respect and professionalism to staff, partners, volunteers and the general public.
Skills and Abilities: which may be representative, but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
• Knowledge and experience with power tools and equipment including chainsaws, mowers, small power tools, etc.
• Ability to build respect and work effectively with people from a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and roles
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, board members and government officials
To apply, complete the online application below by 4:00pm local time on Friday, March 13, 2020.
Great Rivers Greenway is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Great Rivers Greenway is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States.