Great Rivers Greenway is committed to creating and maintaining a workplace in which all employees have an opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the organization and are valued for their skills, experience and unique perspectives. As an organization, we expect all employees to support this dedication to diversity, equity and inclusion in our workplace.
The Greenway Operations Supervisor position is a full-time, salaried position with benefits, responsible for performing greenway operations, maintenance and conservation efforts throughout the jurisdiction of Great Rivers Greenway. This position will work closely with partner organizations including municipal and county agencies, landscape contractors and volunteers in park and greenway maintenance, care of the organization’s facilities and landscape care. Additional responsibilities include leading maintenance and conservation-based training and educational programs for staff, partners and volunteers. This position operates from a field office and works independently across many municipalities. Support and guidance is readily available, but the majority of the work is self-directed. Click here to download the complete job description.
Reports to: Director of Greenway Operations
Supervises: Seasonal and volunteer staff
Collaborates with: Conservation Program Manager, Project Manager, Volunteer Coordinator, all staff, board and partners.
The following are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties are required and will be assigned as needed.
• Assists director of greenway operations with implementation of a greenway maintenance and operations plan.
• In conjunction with operations partners, this position may choose a combination of partners, internal work teams, volunteers and/or contractors to address issues including monitoring greenways, updating the asset inventory, repairs of trails, landscaping, assets like benches or signage, land management issues, operational challenges or other issues as they arise.
• Responsible for administration and care of landscape and maintenance equipment and tools.
• Responsible for maintenance and care of the organization’s facilities including maintenance shop, grounds, vacant properties.
• Implements the organization’s conservation management plans in the field with staff, partners and volunteers.
• Leads operations and maintenance training and education programs for the public, staff, partners and volunteers.
• Assists with implementation of greenway level of care guidelines for use in operations and in training programs that ensures a quality experience for greenway users.
• Leads and motivates a team of direct reports including seasonal and volunteer staff.
• Coordinate and assist in the management of contractors for various services and projects.
• Acts as a Great Rivers Greenway ambassador while in the field where interaction with the public is frequent. Provides information about greenways, the organization and surrounding amenities to the public in a friendly and courteous manner.
• Assists with special assignments as directed by the director of greenway operations.
• Works with director of greenway operations to develop department budgets and works within those financial constraints. Assists greenway operations manager in the procurement process and processing invoices for payment.
• Consistently demonstrates a climate of courtesy, respect and professionalism to staff, partners, volunteers and the general public.
• Associates, bachelor’s degree preferred in parks and recreation management, horticulture or landscape maintenance, natural resources management, or a related field.
Send a cover letter and resume to Ben Grossman via email: email@example.com.
Preference will be given to applications received by February 28th, 2020.