Great Rivers Greenway, the public agency connecting the St. Louis region with greenways, is seeking an intern to perform field assessments and data collection. This position will record observations and collect photographs throughout St. Louis City, St. Louis County, and St. Charles County under the direction of the Conservation Program Manager. Click here to download the complete job description.
- The seasonal Conservation Intern will work full time (40 hours/week) from approximately May through August 2019.
- Starting rate is $15.00 per hour. There are no benefits provided.
- Works with the Conservation Program Manager and Operations Supervisors to collect field data on greenways utilizing our GIS-based asset inventory including but not limited to:
- Signage and site furnishings
- Landscaping and trees
- Physical site characteristics
- Site use and environmental conditions
- Acts as a Great Rivers Greenway ambassador while in the field where interaction with the public is likely. Provides information about greenways and the district to the public in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Consistently demonstrates a climate of courtesy, respect and professionalism to staff, partners, volunteers and the general public.
May be called upon to support special events during the summer where applicable.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Enrollment in an accredited college studying biology, natural resource management, parks and recreation, forestry or related field
- Minimum of two years of undergraduate course work preferred
- Plant identification skills
- Proficiency in MS Office suite of programs required
- Proficiency in GIS mapping, especially mobile based applications preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently to achieve a goal during tenure in the position
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license with satisfactory driving record.
- US citizen or lawfully authorized to work in the US.
Physical/Visual Activities or Demands:
- Must be able to work in the outdoors in uncomfortable conditions. Exposure to environmental hazards such as extreme temperatures is likely.
- Must provide reliable, daily transportation to office and field locations throughout the jurisdiction of Great Rivers Greenway. Mileage reimbursement for field travel will be available at federal standard rate.
- Ability to work days, evenings and weekends as needed.
For questions or to apply, email a cover letter and resume to Tom Schweiss at firstname.lastname@example.org.