From door-to-door conversations with neighbors of the Hodiamont Tracks in 2018 asking if they would like a greenway in this space to community meetings in 2019 to hear greenway desires and concerns to office hours on the Hodiamont Tracks in 2020, community members continue to share your hopes and dreams for the future greenway on the Hodiamont Tracks. Notes from these conversations are shared below.
In fall 2019, neighbors of the Hodiamont Tracks gathered to help decide what happens on the tracks in 2020 and beyond. This is what we heard:
- Top places where you would like to connect from the tracks: Central West End, Grand Center, Delmar Loop
- Top priorities for programs on the tracks in 2020: community events with music and food, history/nature walking tours, volunteer cleanup events
- Top benefits that a greenway on the tracks could provide to you: physical health/exercise, property value increase, enjoying green space
- Top benefits that a greenway on the tracks could provide to your community: crime prevention, beautification, public health
- Top issues and desires on the tracks from Hodiamont Ave. to Union Blvd.
- Issues: illegal dumping/trash, poor maintenance, vacant properties
- Desires: trail, playground, (tie) native plants/trees & art
- Top issues and desires on the tracks from Union Blvd. to Taylor Ave.
- Issues: illegal dumping/trash, poor maintenance, (tie) drug use/sales & vacant properties
- Desires: trail, native plants/trees, ball court/field
- Top issues and desires on the tracks from Taylor Ave. to Spring Ave.
- Issues: poor maintenance, illegal dumping/trash, (tie) violent crime & vacant properties
- Desires: trail, ball court/field, community garden
- Top topics that you could provide advice on as part of a committee: planning/design, safety/security, programs/events, community engagement, beautification/landscaping