Participant Release - Must Be Completed by Legal Guardian *
The minor desires to be an Event participant for The Great Rivers Greenway District (the “District”) and engage in the activities related to being an Event participant. I, the legal guardian, hereby freely and voluntarily, without duress, agree to the following terms:
1. Assumption of Risk: The guardian recognizes and acknowledges that there are certain risks of property damage and loss, physical injury, or death and as the guardian for said minor I hereby expressly assume the full risk of any injuries, including death, property damage or loss that the minor may sustain as a result of participating in any and all activities connected with or associated with such Event. I also understand that even if the District staff, Yoga Buzz staff, the minor, and other persons present at the Event follow all health and safety protocols, said minor may still be exposed to COVID-19 or other infectious diseases.
2. Release and Waiver: The guardian and minor hereby release and forever discharge the District, its sponsors, affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, representatives, agents and employees and Yoga Buzz, its employees, agents, and representatives (the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability, claims and demands of whatever kind, either in law or in equity, which are or may hereafter arise pursuant to the minor's participation in the Event, even if caused by the District’s or Yoga Buzz’s ordinary negligence or otherwise.
3. Medical Treatment: The guardian and the minor hereby release and forever discharge the District and Yoga Buzz from any claim which arises or may arise from any first aid, treatment, or service rendered to the minor in connection with the minor's participation in the District’s Event.
4. Indemnification: The guardian and minor hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties for all claims arising out of the minor’s participation in the Event.
5. Insurance: The guardian understands that the District does not carry or provide health, medical, disability or auto insurance coverage for the minor's participation in the Event, and understands that each Event participant is expected and encouraged to obtain their own medical, health, disability, and auto insurance. Furthermore, the guardian represents that, to their knowledge, the minor is in good health and suffers no physical or medical impairment that would or should prevent their participation in the Event.
6. Photographic Release: As guardian of said minor I hereby grant the District all rights to photographic and video images made during my participation for internal use or for reasons of publicity.
I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE CAREFULLY AND COMPLETELY READ AND UNDERSTAND THE TERMS CONTAINED IN THIS RELEASE AND VOLUNTARILY SIGN BELOW.