Apply in a variety of ways (see below for details) by November 16, 2018.
Great Rivers Greenway is the public agency making the St. Louis region a more vibrant place to live, work and play by developing a regional network of greenways.
We seek opportunities to distribute our materials to reach our constituents across the region that we serve – St. Louis City, St. Louis County and St. Charles County. The goal is to make sure people know that the greenways are out there for them to explore and enjoy! Accomplishing this will primarily involve locating healthcare and related providers who are willing to allow us to display or provide our informational materials in their office waiting rooms. The materials will include our brochure with regional greenway map, but may include other print pieces as well. This is a crucial function for us because many people do not know about the greenways, their benefits and our future plans in the region.
We seek up to four individuals to serve as independent contractors who will help us source and secure waiting rooms where these materials can be placed. Each contractor will have a specific geographic area to cover, to identify and approach doctor, chiropractor, massage therapy, physical therapy, dentist or other relevant waiting rooms who may want these materials. The expectation is 10-15 provider visits per month, but the contractor can determine how to best go about this work – could be one day’s work or scattered throughout the month as you’re out and about. These contractors will be paid $16 per visit, which includes time for research, conducting the visit and reporting the outcome. There is a $2 bonus for every location that accepts our materials. Our goal is primarily to have a positive interaction representing Great Rivers Greenway – this is not a high pressure sales position.
Reports to: Outreach & Visitor’s Center Coordinator
Collaborates with: All staff, volunteer ambassadors
- Maintain a basic working knowledge of Great Rivers Greenway:
- Attend initial orientation.
- Read monthly news updates as they are sent out.
- Monitor website and social media for organizational updates.
- Ask questions as needed.
- Visit 10-15 locations per month, leaving materials as needed and filling out a report monthly with each invoice for services performed.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Education/Training: No specific education requirements
Experience: At least two (2) years of customer service experience
Skills and Abilities:
(These may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.)
- Be self-directed and possess sound judgment.
- Ability to complete tasks and duties in a timely and accurate manner with minimal supervision.
- Excellent customer service skills including active listening.
- Able to learn new information continually and share with passion and accuracy.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to establish rapport quickly and maintain solid relationships with a wide range of audiences.
- Ability to represent and reflect organizational values.
- Approachable demeanor and ability to adapt to a variety of situations.
- PC operation at a beginner level preferred for submitting reports (through a website) and reviewing updates that are emailed.
In-the-Field Training Time:
- Up to three (3) weeks of training time where an experienced staff member will attend up to 5 visits with the contractor.
Any contract awarded as a result of this posting will be awarded without discrimination on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, or national origin. Great Rivers Greenway values diversity, equity and inclusion – you can read about their mission and business cases here.
Interviews after Thanksgiving, position won’t begin until 1/1/19.
You can apply for this job in two ways before November 16th, 2018:
Compile the following information and send it in by:
- Emailing it to email@example.com.
—– OR —–
- Mailing or dropping it off at 6178 Delmar Blvd. St. Louis, MO 63112
- Name, address, phone, email address
- Date available to start work
- Describe educational background (high school diploma, GED, college, trade school, trainings, etc)
- List your place of employment, title, description of duties and reason for leaving for your last 4 jobs and/or the last 10 years.
- List any other skills, certifications, qualifications, volunteer work, etc.
- List 3 references with name, telephone number and/or email address, years you’ve known them and how you know them (please do not include relatives).
- A letter of interest explaining why you’d like to apply for this position, no more than 500 words.