Great Rivers Greenway wants to see how YOU explore the greenways that connect communities across the St. Louis region!
Each week from August 5 through September 18th, 2019, one lucky winner will get a Great Rivers Greenway prize pack full of great items you can use to enjoy the great outdoors. All you have to do is:
1. Take a picture somewhere along our more than 120 miles of greenways and post it to Instagram with the hashtag #GreenwayGram
2. Follow us @greatriversstl
At the end of each week, one winner will be chosen to receive our awesome Great Rivers Greenway prize pack including:
- Collapsible picnic basket
- Picnic blanket
- Sports towels
- Water bottles
- Pocket first aid kit
- Beach ball
- A collection of our much loved, and highly reflective, slap bracelets!
Everything you need for your next picnic along the greenways…except for food…but we will leave that up to you!
But wait, there’s more!
Weekly winners will become finalists and their pictures will be displayed at the Life Outside Free Festival of the Outdoors on September 21st where attendees will vote for their favorite, and one GRAND PRIZE winner will be selected to receive an outdoor gear prize pack worth $500!
This prize pack is chock-a-bock full of great and handy things for enjoying life outside! Our grand prize winner will receive (in no particular order):
- Gift cards to REI and the Alpine Shop
- A lightweight folding table
- A lifetime supply of bragging rights
- 2-person hammock with tree straps from Pine Valley Outfitters
- Tribit XSound Go Bluetooth Speaker
- A 4-person camping mess kit
- Waterproof cellphone bags
- The warm glow of victory
- CleverMade SnapBasket 30 Can Soft-Sided Collapsible Cooler
- Xenvo Pro Cell Phone Lens Kit
- BEARZ Outdoor Beach Blanket
- Klean Kanteen Classic Double Wall Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel Water Bottle
- A deepened sense of accomplishment
- Selfie stick/tripod with wireless remote shutter
- 50oz CamelBak HydroBak
- 33L Dakine Daypack
- Citronella soap and bug spray from Herbaria
- Mad street cred along the greenways
So what are you waiting for? Get out there and show us how you live life outside!
Vote for your favorite entry at Life Outside on September 21!
Rules and Regulations:
The Great Rivers Greenway #GreenwayGram Instagram contest is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram
1. CONTEST ENTRY PERIOD: The Great Rivers Greenway (“Sponsor”) #GreenwayGram Instagram Contest (“Contest”) begins on August 5, 2019 at 12:00 pm Central Time (“CT”) and ends on September 18, 2019 at 11:59 pm CT and consists of six (6) distinct entry periods (each an “Entry Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to all residents of the 50 United States and Washington D.C.. Employees, officers and directors of Great Rivers Greenway, and promotion agencies associated with the Contest, and members of the immediate families (defined as including spouse, biological, adoptive and step-parents, grandparents, siblings, children and grandchildren, and each of their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) or households (whether related or not) of any of the above are NOT eligible to participate in the Contest. Non-eligibility or non-compliance with any of these Official Rules will result in disqualification. Contest is void outside of the 50 United States and D.C. and where prohibited by law. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
3. HOW TO ENTER: Step 1: Go to a greenway. We have more than 120 miles of them to choose from. Find one close to you here. Step 2: Take some photos of yourself, friends, family, your dog, someone else’s dog, butterflies, random squirrels, or anything else that might catch your eye while enjoying and exploring the greenway of your choice. Step 3: Post your favorite photos from your adventures to Instagram, including the hashtag #GreenwayGram. Step 4: Sit back and wait and see if one of your photos is chosen as a weekly winner. Step 5: If chosen as a weekly winner, round up all your friends, neighbors, long lost cousins, and get them to Life Outside on September 21 to cast their vote for your photo.
4. ENTRY GUIDELINES: By submitting an Entry, you warrant and represent that: (a) it is, in its entirety, your original work ; (b) it has not been previously published; (c) it has not won previous awards; (d) it does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy/publicity or other intellectual property rights or any other rights of any person or entity; (e) the Entry is suitable for presentation in a public forum; and (f) publication of the Entry via various media, including but not limited to the Sponsor’s Website, the Contest Website and social media channels, will not infringe on the rights of any third party. Entrant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any claims to the contrary.
Entry submissions may not contain, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, any of the following:
- Third-party (i.e., parties other than Sponsor*) licensed trademarks, logos, or trade dress;
- Sexually explicit or suggestive content; violent content or content derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; nor any profane or pornographic content or nudity;
- References to or depictions of alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing); content that promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous; content that promotes any particular political agenda or message;
- Obscene or offensive material; endorsement of any form of hate or hate group;
- Content that is a knowing/intentional duplicate of any other Entry’s content;
- Content that defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about Sponsor, other companies or other people;
- Personal identification, such as personal names, license plates or e-mail addresses;
- Material embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia that identify any person, living or dead, other than the entrant or those persons that entrant has obtained permission from;
- Messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which the Sponsor wishes to associate;
- Content that infringes the rights of any third party and/or violates any law.
Entries that do not comply with the above Guidelines, or that otherwise contain prohibited or inappropriate content, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, are not eligible to enter the Contest and/or will be disqualified. *LIMITED LICENSE: THE SPONSOR’S TRADEMARKS AND LOGO MAY BE USED FOR PURPOSES OF THIS CONTEST ONLY. NO OTHER RIGHTS IN OR TO SPONSOR’S TRADEMARKS, LOGO OR TRADE DRESS ARE GRANTED UNDER THESE OFFICIAL RULES. By submitting an Entry, you agree that your Entry is gratuitous and made without restriction and will not place Sponsor under any obligations other than those contained in these Official Rules, that Sponsor is free to use or otherwise disclose the ideas contained in the Entry on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your Entry, Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you. By entering the Contest, you acknowledge that you will not now or in the future be paid or compensated in any way for your Entry or for granting the Sponsor any of the rights set out in these Official Rules. You further acknowledge that Sponsor is not obligated to make use of any of the rights granted in these Official Rules. BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR ENTRY MAY BE POSTED ON THE CONTEST WEBSITE, SPONSOR’S WEBSITE, OR ELSEWHERE ON THE INTERNET FOR PUBLIC VIEWING AND THAT ANY SUCH POSTING IS NOT INTENDED TO, AND DOES NOT, INDICATE THAT YOUR ENTRY IS A WINNING ENTRY UNLESS OTHERWISE INDICATED. You further acknowledge that Sponsor is not obligated to post or use your Entry in any way. By submitting an Entry, you hereby grant the Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, assigns, licensees, and designees the irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide right to use, reproduce, edit, market, store, distribute, have distributed, publicly and privately display, communicate, publicly and privately perform, transmit, have transmitted, create derivative works based upon, and promote the Entry or portions of the Entry (as such may be edited and modified by the Sponsor at its sole discretion) for editorial, commercial, promotional and all other purposes, including without limitation posting on Sponsor-affiliated websites, social media sites and/or other Sponsor-selected media.
5. JUDGING: The Contest is comprised of six (6) distinct Entry Periods. To be eligible for an Entry Period, an eligible Entry must be received during the corresponding Entry Period (see table below). After each Entry Period has concluded, all eligible Entries received for that Entry Period will then be judged and scored by a panel of judges appointed by Sponsor, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion (“Judging Panel”), based on the following criteria: Overall Quality (50%), Design/Composition of Entry (25%) and Creativity (25%). The one (1) Entry that receives the highest combined score according to the criteria listed above for each respective Entry Period, in the sole determination of the Judging Panel, will be declared the winner (subject to verification of eligibility). In the event of a tie, the tied Entries will be re-judged by an additional judge who will serve as a tiebreaker and who will evaluate tied Entries according to the criteria listed above. If following the re-judging the entries are still tied, the entrant whose Entry received the highest score for “Overall Quality”, as determined by the Judging Panel in their sole discretion, will be deemed the winner from among the tied entrants. The decisions of the Judging Panel (or, if applicable, the additional judge who may serve as a tiebreaker) will be final. Non-winning Entries will not be included in subsequent Entry Periods (if any).
|Entry Period #:
||Contest Entry Period
||Judging on or about:
||# of Potential Winners:
||Entries posted from 12 pm CT on 8/5/2019 through 11:59 pm CT on 8/14/2019
||Entries posted from 12 am CT on 8/15/2019 through 11:59 pm CT on 8/21/2019
||Entries posted from 12 am CT on 8/12/2019 through 11:59 pm CT on 8/28/2019
||Entries posted from 12 am CT on 8/29/2019 through 11:59 pm CT on 9/4/2019
||Entries posted from 12 am CT on 9/5/2019 through 11:59 pm CT on 9/11/2019
||Entries posted from 12 am CT on 9/12/2019 through 11:59 pm CT on 9/18/2019
6. GRAND PRIZE SELECTION: Winning photos from each of the 6 distinct Entry Periods will be put on display at the Life Outside Free Festival of the Outdoors on September 21, 2019. Event Period winners will be contacted by the Sponsor or its promotional representative and asked to provide contest Sponsor with the highest resolution version of their entry photo available. Event attendees will be provided the opportunity to cast one vote for their favorite photo. The Entry with the most votes at the end of the festival at 4pm CT, or earlier in the event of inclement weather, will be chosen as the Grand Prize winner of the Contest. In the event of a tie, the one Entry that received the highest combined score during its respective Entry Period, in the sole determination of the Judging Panel, will be declared the winner. The decision of public voting and the Judging Panel scoring if so required will be final. Following the selection of the Grand Prize Winner, the Sponsor or its promotional representative, will contact the winner and make arrangements for the delivery (at no cost to the recipient) of an outdoor gear prize pack valued at $500. Contest participants do not need to be present at the Life Outside event on September 21, 2019 to be chosen as the Grand Prize Winner.