Great Rivers Greenway District (“GRG”) is seeking proposals for the purchase and installation of security cameras at the Mary Meachum Freedom Crossing on the Mississippi Greenway.
All questions must be submitted to the GRG website for this RFP by 5:00pm Central Standard Time on Friday, November 30, 2018 (link provided). Answers to questions received by November 30, 2018 will be distributed to all known recipients of the RFP by Monday, December 3, 2018.
Provide one (1) electronic copy in (.pdf format) and uploaded to the GRG’s website (link provided). All submittals received after the due date and time will not be considered. It shall be the responsibility of the respondent to insure their submittal has been received by GRG prior to the deadline date and time.
OPTIONAL PREVIEW OF INTERIOR OF BUILDING DECEMBER 3, 2018
We are hosting an optional preview of the interior of the building at 3:30 pm CST on Monday December 3 2018.
This preview is optional, and you are always welcome to visit the site at any time to view the exterior of the building.
Questions and Answers
Question: Can Pelco Cameras be approved as equal for this RFP? Axis P3227-LVE (5MP, 30FPS, Varifocal, IK10) Cameras are specified, but specs also state All cameras and connections should be IP66 Rated. The Pelco IMP521-1ES is a 5MP, 30FPS, Varifocal & IK10. It is also compatible with Genetec and will fit in the RTCC Custom Housing.
Answer: Pelco Cameras are an acceptable manufacturer as long as they are compatible with Genetec. The model listed above however appears to be rated at 5MP at 15 frames per second. It will only do 3MP at 30 frames per second. The Axis provided in the specification is rated for 5MP at 30 frames per second so the model does not meet the same specifications. The IK10 signifies it is vandal resistant and weather resistant (suitable for outdoor use) it’s comparable to the Axis IP66 in that regard only.
Question: We appreciate scheduling of the site visit as it is necessary in order for us to provide an accurate quote for this project. As it is scheduled for Monday the 3rd at 3:30 and the proposal due date is Wednesday the 5th at 10:00 am, is it possible to extend the due date a week in order to have time to prepare an accurate and complete proposal?
Answer: We will push back the submission due date two days. The original due date was December 5, 2018 at 10am. The updated due date is December 7 at 12pm. We have notified everyone who has downloaded the RFP and posted an addendum on the website.
Question: Do you have an address for the Mary Meachum Site?
Answer: The best address is 28 East Grand Avenue St. Louis MO 63147. It is important to note that while this is the best address, Google maps will not direct you all the way to the site. Here are more precise directions: Take Highway 70 to Grand Avenue. Go East toward the river; North on Hall to Prairie; Right on Prairie to the Levee Road (also known as the Mississippi Greenway:Riverfront Trail). Travel south on the levee road approximately 1/3 mile to the Mary Meachum Site. You can park at the site.
Question: Will you consider an equivalent camera manufacturer for this project such as Avigilon?
Answer: We will accept an alternative camera that meets or exceeds the specifications listed in the RFP. A bidder would need to provide support material indicating that such alternative meets or exceeds the specifications provided.
We hosted an optional pre-bid site visit on December 3, 2018. Answers and comments raised at this pre-bid meeting are listed below:
- Conduit for wire is not necessary.
- Electric power to the building will be used to power equipment.
- No back-up power is necessary.
- Direct mount cameras outside w/blue flashing lights is acceptable. No need for box as shown in the image if rest of the hardware is stored inside.
- Locking storage container/box is needed for the recorder/hard drive. NEMA type or similar.
- Motion controlled recording would be considered as an option.
- 360 degree centrally mounted camera mounted in the middle of the room from the ceiling may be submitted as an option.
- Exact location of camera inside is less important than ensuring all areas of front door and tool cage are captured.
- Recorder or hard drive to be mounted in secure location – inside tool cage and toward top of the cage out of flood stage level. Option to mount over 10’ outside of cage is an option too, to access with 12’ ladder. Exact location to be discussed with firm selected prior to work beginning. Firms may provide recommendations to ensure data is secure and tamper resistant.